Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is a standard interface for sending and receiving bills of lading, invoices and other formatted documents electronically. Instead of relying on traditional and labor intensive EDI software, AdvancePro’s EDI module provides you with an integrated system that allows you to connect with trading partners demanding EDI integration. Our module will help you operate like a large corporation by automating data entry and reducing duplication and errors.
How does it Work
AdvancePro and HighJump True Commerce EDI have developed a module that allows AdvancePro users to effortlessly import and export EDI files to and from their AdvancePro system. It works as follows:
AdvancePro customers use True Commerce as their EDI solutions and translation provider.
The True Commerce’s customer portal is set up to automatically export raw EDI files to a specified folder.
Those files are imported to AdvancePro with the click of a button.
Orders from your trading partner then get processed like all other orders, till the Advanced Shipping Notice (ASN) and Invoicing stages
Finally, AdvancePro will export raw EDI documents right into the True Commerce portal and send them to the designated trading partner
Features of the EDI solution offered by AdvancePro:
- Converts EDI Purchase Orders into Customer Orders and automatically enters them into AdvancePro
- Converts internal customer invoices into EDI Invoices
- Converts EDI ship to addresses into your internal AdvancePro Ship to file
- Import and export features for quick synchronization of EDI data with your AdvancePro system
- Form-based entry of EDI documents
- Place EDI documents on “HOLD” between transmission stages
- UPC Code verifier
- No complex mapping of data required. All Trading partners are sold in complete kits ready to go
- Full error checking of documents with management reports
- Provides a simple user-friendly environment
- Support for all X12, UCS, ANSI and VICS standards
Support for the following EDI Document formats:
- 810 Invoice
- 850 Purchase Order
- 856 Ship Notice/Manifest
- 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgement
- 997 Functional Acknowledgement
- 875 = UCS purchase order
- 880 = UCS invoice